Monday, September 28, 2009

Mr Breadman



Mr. Breadman comes to Angkor Chum every day from Siem Reap bringing both baguette and sliced sandwich bread with him on the back of his moto (see picture). I used to see him at odd hours during the morning driving past on the road, which caused me to react like a small child running after an ice-cream truck. "Mr Breadman! Wait up!" We finally exchanged phone numbers the other day, and he now calls me every morning asking if I'd like to buy bread. The answer is almost always yes, and we agree to meet at the entrance of the high school for the transaction.

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but I assure you it is. I have bread! Every day I have bread! I used to wait more than two or three weeks at a time to have it. Fortune be praised!

No comments: